Re: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm venting so it's ok)

Subject: Re: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm venting so it's ok)
From: "Williams, Diane (contractor)" <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:45:41 -0400

>>1. Describe a time that you acted totally inappropriate and
nonprofessional in your work environment....and what was the end
result?
2. What are some criticisms that have been given to you about your
work?
3. Describe a time when you tried to persuade another worker to
"conform" to your standards...and lost the arguement.

The list goes on, and on. Tell me, are ANY of these personal
questions appropriate for a technical interview...or any interview
at

Sounds to me like the previous employee was argumentative and the
company was trying to avoid hiring someone else like that; but I don't
think the interviewer should have asked the questions in that way. S/he
could have asked if you were willing to adhere to an in-house style
book; and if you had a preverred style, would you push to use it, or
something like that.

Did you talk your way around the answers?