Canadian techwriters

Subject: Canadian techwriters
From: John -dot- Cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- IE -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:29:01 +0200

Anyone have any info about Canadian techwriters working in the US?
I understand that the new TN-1 visa is granted at the border to Canadian
applicants with job offers. It is only open to potential employees in
professions which, presumably, the US gov't deems not to be plagued by
unemployment, techwriting being one of them. Fancy that eh?
Any facts, anecdotes, rumours, would be most welcome. Please post to me
privately & I will summarise to the list, if asked.
BTW anyone desiring info about working in France or England is welcome to write
to me privately.
John -dot- Cornellier -at- paris -dot- ie -dot- philips -dot- com