Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!

Subject: Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:46:00 -0500

> > So, when I graduated with a very impressive portfolio and got job
> > offers ALL over the country.....I DESERVED IT!!!!!

So what? You were mobile. I am not. I got those same
offers.

> Those of us who, through stupidity or some other reason, failed to
> finish our degree must be extremely careful in our views of self.
>
> 1. We must never start to believe that our success in life (or as a TW)
> is because we don't have that degree. Just imagine how great we would be
> if we had our self-taught expertise plus the kind of training that
> DWeber received. My god; if only...
>
> 2. We must continue to learn...whether from degreed folks like Diana, or
> from the courses that we continue to take.
>
> Anyone who flails a degreed TW simply because she pursued an education
> while the flailer traipsed around the world searching for excitement,
> should have his passport cut off.

Now, now I was with you until the above.

I do believe that this is another lose-lose
argument. Reminds me of the certification vs.
not and the MAC vs. PC.

I guess of us who sweated bullets to get advanced
degrees *and* have real world experience *and* expertise
are saying is live and let live.

We respect you. You respect us.

OK?

I'm gonna' flame Eric <I live dangerously>

Can you PLEASE say enough or do we all have
to have the same discussion over and over
ala certification? UTCH!

<grumbling> I still think my SO supporting
tech. writers thread was better than what
this is turning into!

But then, again, this ain't my list!
Eric is paying for it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Regards,
~~~~,,.
~~~~~~(o o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOO==(_)==OOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pat Gantt
Personal email ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee, M.S. HRD
VoTech Guide ~ The Mining Company
Business Mail ~ votech -dot- guide -at- miningco -dot- com
http://votech.miningco.com
GO VOLS! .oooO Oooo.
( ) ( )
\ ( ) /