Re: Degrees?

Subject: Re: Degrees?
From: Tim Glasheen <2528 -at- MN3 -dot- LAWSON -dot- LAWSON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:09:00 CDT

No arguments here. I think a good portfolio speaks for itself,
regardless of academic credentials -- or lack thereof. :)

I also agree with this, BUT...... our company is modifying the job
description and duties. A degree is required. I wonder how many other
companies have this in their job specs? When I graduated, I saw plenty of
this and though to myself "Thank god I am graduating with a BS in Tech
Writing, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get a job."
I think we may lose some quality candidates because of this though.
Experience speaks for itself.