Re: Insecure about browser terminology

Subject: Re: Insecure about browser terminology
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:24:59 -0700

Amy Brown wrote:

> OK folks:
>
> Is a browser "insecure" or "nonsecure"?
>
> "Insecure" seems to be the standard, although it could be deemed a little too anthropomorphic (I'm not the one doing the deeming, in this case. I prefer "insecure".)

We use the terms "secure" and "not secure" to make clear the
difference. If you're referring to an environment where security is a
concern, in our experience it pays to make it abundantly clear when the
server is not secure - too many people can read right over "insecure"
and think that they read "secure."

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems