newsletter templates

Subject: newsletter templates
From: Kristin Nietz <knietz -at- SHOWCASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 15:37:37 -0500

Hi Everyone,
Coming out of lurk mode to ask for some help.

My company has a four-day user conference coming up in August. At the
conference, our clients (and some potential buyers) gather to learn more
about our solution and about data warehousing in general. Each morning of
the conference, we aim to have a newsletter ready for each attendee. This
newsletter provides some highlights for the day, gives any updates to the
schedule, might highlight the day's keynote speaker, etc. It's something
I'll be writing each evening, e.g., turnaround time will be very quick.

My question: does anyone know where I could find some useful newsletter
templates for Microsoft Word 7.0? The ones included with Word don't seem
that great, and I'm pressed for time to develop something useful from
scratch. I'd appreciate any pointers to useful Web sites or other
resources.

On another note, do any of have experience with putting on large user
conferences? As a technical writer, what is your role?

Thanks in advance for any help. Feel free to respond directly to me; if
there's any interest, I'll summarize to the list.

Kristin Nietz
Product Author
ShowCase Corporation
Rochester, MN