Word -> AS/400

Subject: Word -> AS/400
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:48:26 -0500

Barbara Holcombe <<was wondering if anyone out there
currently writes documents in Word and then converts the
documents so that they are available on the AS/400
in the form of online help?>>

I don't do this, but I've read about a few things that
might help if nobody provides a good turnkey solution.
Provided that you don't need context sensitive help, I'm
reasonably certain that there's an HTML utility for IBM
minis (it was either an actual browser, or a terminal
emulator that could translate an HTML file into something
readable on the mini); IBM should be able to help you find
this if it exists. Another solution would be to export your
documents into an SQL database... add tags to each chunk of
text to define keywords etc., save the file as ASCII, then
read the text file into the database. That's complicated
work, but it should be one good solution, particularly if
one of your colleagues is a whiz with macros.