Salaries in Boston & Wa.DC areas

Subject: Salaries in Boston & Wa.DC areas
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:37:46 MTN

A tech writer friend of mine who's not on this mailing list asked me
to post this query to you all.
Please reply directly to him at mwaller -at- artisoft -dot- com -dot-
Thanks very much!
Beth
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com
P.S. He's an Excellent tech writer; we hate to lose him.

Fellow Tech Writers,

Having polished my skills in the wage graveyard of Tucson, AZ, I am
ready to take on the big time: I'm moving to the East Coast. Only
problem--I have no idea what I'm worth there.

I wonder if any East Coast writers out there could give me some clue
as to the salary range I can expect (my stats are below). This way,
when Joe Fastalk of BigCorp Inc. offers me $1,200.04 a year, I won't
go "sheeeeeyuks! I'll take it!"

Here's the calibration info: I have seven years of tech writing
experience. Books, online, HTML, using FrameMaker, Word, RoboHelp,
etc. I have a B.A. I'm specifically looking at two areas: Boston and
D.C.

Thanks in advance,

--Matt Waller
mwaller -at- artisoft -dot- com