Spell Checkers - Believe it or Not?

Subject: Spell Checkers - Believe it or Not?
From: Feeman Kevin SC2275 <Feeman_Kevin_SC2275 -at- SATGATE -dot- SAT -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 08:21:35 MST

Hi all

In writing documentation, we have all experienced computer jargon that
is not in many spell checkers. I have run into a case of a word that
is in a spell checker, but I don't think the spelling is right. I need
some advice.

The word I have is "backpressure," not the pressure on the human back.
In my context that I am using the word, it is a noun referring to when
messages are sent from one program to another one and the program
receiving the messages can't keep up to the program sending the
message. I thought the correct spelling is backpressure, however,
when I run the frame spell check, I get back backpresure. I believe
that the first one is correct. What do you all think? Let me know if
which one is correct and how to stop Frame from making such erroneous
mistakes. Thanks in advance.

Also, thanks for the advice on the other issue I had about three
8-hour shifts!!

Kevin Feeman
Technical Communicator
Envision, Mesa, AZ Branch
home email: kevinf -at- primenet -dot- com