Re: LAW: (long) enforceability of noncompete agreements

Subject: Re: LAW: (long) enforceability of noncompete agreements
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 10:52:46 -0700

John -

> Elna, you might want to explain to the people on the list
> that you are a principle in an agency ( http://www.lts.com )
>
> That would orient them to the source your opinions. I don't know how to=20
> explain your unwillingness to identify yourself or defend
> your position in a substantial way.

I use the term "agency" to refer to what other people call "headhunters"
out here in Silicon Valley. We are not such a company. We ARE a
company that hires (and trains) people AS OUR EMPLOYEES, and have them
work on contracts that we as a company land for fulfillment. Rarely are
our people on-site at the client company - most of our work is done at
our own site because, frankly, we usually have more/more recent/better
tools for the job than the client company has. The agencies of the type
you mean are those who make a person their employee in name, but 'lease'
the employee to a client company, where the employee works at the client
site under the direct supervision of client company personnel.

I am very glad you gave our URL so that people can go visit our site and
see exactly what it is that we do, and who our clients are.

That I choose to not debate with you on this board the moral rightness
of your crusade is simply a reflection of how busy we are with other
things, and my preference for dealing in market realities. That you're
trying to raise questions about my or my company's ethics is not an
appropriate topic for this list.

Elna Tymes, president
Los Trancos Systems