Re: Courses to Take

Subject: Re: Courses to Take
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:06:49 +0530

Greetings from India!

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Iain Harrison wrote:

> Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- ACCENT -dot- NET> wrote:
>

> ... but if I'm not mistaken, the only people who
> can teach FrameMaker are teachers who are certified by Frame
> Technologies.
> You can't just learn FrameMaker on your own and decide to teach it.
> This is why these teachers are difficult to find.

> I'm sorry, but that cannot possibly be the case.

Nobody (at least I don't know of any one) uses FrameMaker in India. It is
almost unheard of. I had a look at one of the demo copies somewhere and
felt that it was no big deal. (Perhaps because I self-learnt from
PageMaker 1.0 to PageMaker 4.0 (and onwards). I can learn it in a day and
teach it the next day. And be an expert in a week.

Recently, I self-learnt RoboHelp in a day or two and delivered a complete
Help system. I had no documentation but just the help of RoboHelp.

I don't think there is a need for training. You can learn yourself.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath (India's first site on technical
writing - perpetually underdeveloped!)