UK abbreviation for number

Subject: UK abbreviation for number
From: rebecca siegel <rebecca -at- ZLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:25:25 -0400

Many thanks for all the helpful responses to my question about
abbreviating the word 'number' in the UK. The overwhelming majority of
replies I received say that, as is true in the U.S., 'No' is a perfectly
acceptable abbreviation for 'number,' and that is what I passed on to my
development team.

I also thank those of you who politely corrected me about my calling the
# sign a 'pound' sign! Even as I am trying to be culturally sensitive, I
inject my U.S.-centered terminology. From now on, it will be a hash mark
to me!

Thanks, as always, for your helpful and quick responses.

Rebecca Siegel
Logic Associates
rebecca -at- zlogic -dot- com