Re: New department name

Subject: Re: New department name
From: Chris Betterton <ChrisB -at- SELECTST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:33:29 +0100

Beth wrote

> My manager is seriously considering changing the name of
> our Technical Publications department, because we do so
> much more now than make printed manuals.

We're User Information Developers, part of the Development department (the
team is still small enough for us to be part of it, but that's a different
topic). But if we ever did go it alone, I guess we'd be the User
Information Development department, or UI for short. I like it - it's
pretty accurate, as most of our stuff is online help, and there's as much
development in online stuff as there is writing.

Chris
chrisb -at- selectst -dot- com
who was a User Documentation Writer at his old job because they thought
they could pay me less by not calling me a Technical Writer. Don't work
there any more ...