Re: PC as a trademark

Subject: Re: PC as a trademark
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:00:25 GMT

May I ask for your source? It seems unlikely that anyone could
trademark PC by itself.

BTW, Allen-Bradley has been using PLC, Programmable Logic Controller,
instead of PC, for at least five years.

The international trademark list on the Internet didn't list PC or PLC
as a trademark.

Barb

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:12:42 -0400, you wrote:
>PC is trademarked by Allen-Bradley and is an acronym for Programmable
>Controller used in the industrial controls market.
>
>-Chuck
Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
Technical Writing