Re: Webmaster Associations

Subject: Re: Webmaster Associations
From: "Bickham, Randy W." <rbickham -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:37:37 -0600

Here are some of the associations that I have come across. I haven't
joined any of them yet, so can't say which is the best. I can say that
I see the HTML Writers Guild the most often, with the International
Society of Internet Professionals coming in a distant second.

http://www.hwg.org/
HTML Writers Guild

http://www.irwa.org/
The International Webmasters Association (IWA)

http://www.isip.org/
International Society of Internet Professionals

http://www.webmaster.org:80/index.html
Webmasters' Guild,

http://www.association.org/index.html
Internet Developers Association

http://www.isoc.org:80/
Internet Society

http://www.ipn.net:80/about.html
Information Professionals Network

http://just4u.com/webconsultants/
Web Consultants Association

http://www.sspa-online.com/
Software Support Professionals Association (more for software support
personnel than webmasters)

http://www.gag.org/
Graphic Artists Guild (not actually a webmaster association, but many
webmasters are members)

Good luck in your selections. I know I'll probably join one eventually,
it's just coughing up the membership dues.

Randy Bickham
Web Administrator
rbickham -at- micron -dot- com