Advice needed on SkillTech Seminar

Subject: Advice needed on SkillTech Seminar
From: Janet Sha <sha -at- TMD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:30:24 -0500

Hi everyone--

I've been trying to search the TECHWR-L archives for an answer to this
question, but have been getting this message for the past couple of days:
"Unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV. Error code was 5 ("Access
is denied.") The server is probably not started."

So, here I am with my question--apologies in advance if this has been
beaten into the ground already. Please reply personally if it has.

Has anyone taken Conrad Gottfredson's SkillTech course called Constructing
Online Documentation? Would you recommend it? Are there other online doc
courses that would be as good, or better, that anyone can recommend?

I have never worked with fun, slick, "real" online help, and am feeling
very out of it (in that *one* small flake of my life only! :-) ) I'm
planning to do a major overhaul of the simple online help system I
currently maintain, but with 14 books as my source documentation, I'm at a
loss as to where to *start*.

Would this class be a good way to go, just to get some knowledge of what
all is involved before I dig in? Or would a book be sufficient (if so,
which book?)

Thanks!
Janet