Focus Group Information Needed

Subject: Focus Group Information Needed
From: "Johnson, Ben" <Ben_Johnson -at- JDEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:47:44 -0600

I have the opportunity to participate in a series of focus groups in the
next several months. We have assembled a team with members from
Publications, Training, and Marketing to develop a design document for a
new software package. The plan is to bring in a group of 10-12 users
and lead them in a discussion to determine their needs, and then
incorporate their feedback into the software design document. How about
that for a brilliant new concept !?!

I searched the archives and did not find any information on focus groups
and usability testing.

Can anyone suggest a few good resources about planning and implementing
a focus group? I have high level information on the theory of focus
groups, but would like to read more on a detailed and practical level.

Thanks in advance.

Ben Johnson
Technical Writer
J.D.Edwards World Source Company