Re: Free Speech on the Net

Subject: Re: Free Speech on the Net
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 19:58:28 -0400

In a message dated 97-07-07 18:27:08 EDT, doreenm520 -at- AOL -dot- COM (DoreenM520)
writes:

<< but this list is basically owned and operated by one individual who
decides what can be talked about and what cannot. This is why I hope some day
the STC or some other group will offer a techwriters list that will permit
open debate. >>
There's more than one forum on the Net for 'open debate' in any area you
might imagine.

I've been called to task here myself for some posts, but I'm nonetheless
grateful that 'one individual' keeps us on subject. I don't sit watching the
day's e-mail download for the joy of reading 'open debate' once I sort
through it. I (and I suspect most of us) joined this list to get focussed
information on a particular professional subject, not to participate in any
form of debate.

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles

"Every stink that fights the ventilator thinks it is Don Quixote."
Stanislaus Lec