Re: What is "-30-" at the bottom of an article

Subject: Re: What is "-30-" at the bottom of an article
From: BrYan Westbrook <westbrok -at- HSNP -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 17:36:39 GMT

Only coming through in waves, MZ <zarkovim -at- mail -dot- cognos -dot- com> wrote in
bit.listserv.techwr-l:

>In journalism, "-30-" signifies the end of the text. I believe it is
>simply a convention.

In the pre-word processing days -30- was necessary to tell the typesetter that
the end was the end with no missing pages. Today it tells that the file was not
truncated.

(I knew that journalism class I had to take would come in handy some day.)

-----
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6663/index.html
Woody Allen FAQ, Drew Carey, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,
Famous Arkansans, Poetry, Classic Rock, Elmore Leonard