Tokenization (Was: RE: Stop It! Was: Spacing after a period...

Subject: Tokenization (Was: RE: Stop It! Was: Spacing after a period...
From: Mike Collier - SSG <MikeCol -at- SBSERVICES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 12:34:37 -0400

On behalf of myself and the one or two other people who don't know, I'd
like an explanation of tokenization of text streams...

P.S. I did check the archives and couldn't find anything.

Michael Collier
mikecol -at- sbservices -dot- com

..who, after seeing a reply to this, will be able to ask
"So, what part of 'the browser tokenizes the text stream' don't you
understand?"

>One of the things I like about HTML is that the number of spaces you put
>between sentences does not matter. The browser tokenizes the text stream

Mike Huber
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com