MSWord different spacing on multiple workstations

Subject: MSWord different spacing on multiple workstations
From: Frank Clark <Frank -at- COMPUSENSEINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:16:55 -0400

I am new to this list and hope that someone may be able to help with this problem.

I have a small manual written in MSWord 6.0c. I had hoped to be able to distribute this document on disk and
have customers print it on their own, but have run across a somewhat troubling situation. Let me briefly
describe:

The same document is pulled up on two workstations. On certain pages, the pages do not break the same, that
is one will have an additional line that the other does not. In fact on some pages I can arrow down line by line
and the will match to a certain point and then one will be at 6.3" and the other at 6.4" for the same line.
Likewise on another page one has a last line at 9" and the other at 8.X"... Also on at least one page there is a
call-out box that has word-wrapping acting differnently (i.e. the lines on one wrap to the next line where the other
holds an additional word).

The two workstations in question were both windows95 and loading winword6 from the same server. I have
also checked it on my Win3.11 workstation and it seems to match on of the two. I also checked on a third
win95 and it also matched the same one.

Has anyone seen this and/or know what might cause it. Video driver? Defaults?

Thanks for any help -- I have tried microsoft but haven't found anything there yet.

Frank
CompuSense Inc.
Frank -at- CompuSenseinc -dot- com