Re: Navigation in pdf

Subject: Re: Navigation in pdf
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:33:12 -0700

> IMO, right now HTML does not qualify on either side: still
> lacking basic feature like popups, contents and index (these should
> come with html-help, but when?),

Technical Communication is _not_ about creating an environment within
which we can communicate. Technical Communication is about how to
communicate within an environment which already exists.

Wishes are fine - I'm wishing for a Sparc 20 myself. But the
environment is ceaseless changing. The need for communication
within any environment does not.

David (The Man) Blyth
Sr. Tech Writer
QUALCOMM

-----------------------

% cat tuna
cat: cannot open tuna
% ls canopener
cannot find canopener
% touch cat
touch: cannot create cat: Permission denied
% cat meows
cat: cannot open meows
% Damn power is off
damn: Command not found