SMEs (was Education and Productivity)

Subject: SMEs (was Education and Productivity)
From: Carl Stieren <STIEREN -at- SIMWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:04:00 EDT

When Paul J. Sigler wrote

"Do not attempt to feed your SMEs sushi, especially in Minnesota. They =
go apoplectic and flee your cubicle. I theorize it reminds them of =
lutefisk, which they eat only on the Setende Mai, and then with great =
reluctance and smooshed up faces."

... my Norwegian blood almost boiled. What's wrong with lutefisk? I think
it's the
best thing since lobster!

... however, he does have a point.

In Ottawa, Canada, the same advice might go something like this:

"Do not attempt to feed your SMEs tofu, herbal tea, curried chick peas, or
soup with
cilantro in it. On the other hand, you may feed Quebecois or Franco-Ontarien
SMEs
tourtiere, which is almost universally favored. You could probably even find
a kosher
tortiere for your Orthodox SMEs, since many are made with fowl instead of
pork."

- Carl Stieren
Simware, Inc.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

P.S. I once offered (by email) a free beer to the first SME who got me the
answer
to a documentation bug. I got the answer, but the winner felt guilty for not
answering a previous email and said I didn't have to buy him a beer.

...Do I speak for Simware? Not for 99% of my messages. I'll let you know
when I do.