Subject: Techwhirl and STC Newsletters
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 02:19:02 -0700

Matthew Danda wrote:

>Does the quality of this listserv reduce the impact of local STC
>newsletters?

Generally, you have two completely different audiences with the chapter
newsletter and TECHWR-L.

>I was considering expanding my previous post today about "Education and
>Productivity" into a newsletter article, but I wonder if its impact will
>be deadened because it has already been presented in TECHWRL?

I think, tho I may be totally off-track here, that you actually improve the
impact of your material by reaching the two audiences.

<generalization>

* Most TECHWR-Lers will never see your newsletter article

*Most newsletter readers will never see your TECHWR-L postings

A newsletter article will reach the folks you're likely to work with
locally (who may provide little or no feedback other than "I saw your
article,") While the TECHWR-L audience (often ten times larger than your
newsletter audience) will bring broader feedback and more-diverse
brainpower to bear.

A newsletter article has more impact in your portfolio than a printed
net-posting, tho... dunno why <smirk>

</generalization>