Phrasing question

Subject: Phrasing question
From: John Bell <jbell -at- PARAGREN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:07:01 -0400

I have an on again/off again disagreement with a few marketing folks over
how to specify the operating system requirements for our software.
The issue is which word best describes the range of existing or possible
version numbers: higher, greater, or newer.

Which phrasing do you prefer:

* Sun Solaris, version 2.4 or higher
* Sun Solaris, version 2.4 or greater
* Sun Solaris, version 2.4 or newer

Is there a better word or phrase for this concept?

Thank you!

--- John Bell
jbell -at- paragren -dot- com