Human Interest

Subject: Human Interest
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 21:43:01 -0400

Michael Clark <mclark -at- MTU -dot- EDU> wrote:

>So my question is, how do I add human interest to my writing >style when it comes to the press release and the >documentation?

Off-hand, documentation seems an unlikely place for human interest. But
maybe you could put in some real-life examples?

With the press release, it's easier. Instead of just giving the facts,
throw in some quotes from the company executive or from satisfied users.
Then explain how whatever is being announced will make life easier for
customers. Since the press release is presunmably an imaginary one, it
should be easy enough to invent these things.

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer / Job Bank Team, STC Canada West Coast Chapter

"Oh, do not tell the priest our plight,
For he would count it a sin,
But we have been out in the woods all night
A-conjuring summer in!"
--Rudyard Kipling, "Oak and Ash and Thorn"