Re: Annotating FrameMaker documents

Subject: Re: Annotating FrameMaker documents
From: "Peter G. Martin" <peterm -at- ZETA -dot- ORG -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 14:08:40 +1000

In comp.text.frame, Weirg wrote:

> I apologize if this has been asked before...
>
> We have technical writers using FrameMaker 5.1.1 for Windows 95. They
> want to distribute their documents electronically to engineers for
> markup/proofreading etc.
>
> The engineers do not have FrameMaker. Are there any products available
> that allow markup of FrameMaker or MIF files without having to use
> FrameMaker?
>
> The markup tool would not have to alter the source files but should
> allow for proofreading marks, post-it type notes, etc.

... and was told about PDF and Acrobat Exchange.

There's also a tool called Note-It (http://www.gcslion.com/)
which claims to be able to handle MIF files....

I've just received a copy and have had problems with it under
NT: Release notes say it's designed to work better under
Win95...

It can be used to create separate (overlay) files which add
post-its, colour highlighting, stamps, and various regular
and irregular mark-ups.

Have yet to try it on FrameMaker on NT..

--
Peter G. Martin, Contract Tech Writer
peterm -at- zeta -dot- org -dot- au martin -at- shl -dot- dec -dot- com