Re: Human Interest

Subject: Re: Human Interest
From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 11:00:09 -0700

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Michael Clark wrote:

> So my question is, how do I add human interest to my writing style when
> it comes to the press release and the documentation?

Greetings Michael,

Keep in mind that a press release is MarCom (Marketing Communications)
stuff, not technical writing.

In a press release, you get to put on you *creative* hat.

A press release needs some flash to catch a readers eye. A press release
touts and talks up a product. It needs a certian amount of "Eye Candy".

So be creative! Have fun!

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Technical Writer