Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: Bill DuBay <bill_dubay -at- PHOENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:12:16 PDT

Robert,
Are you saying that licensing of egg handlers or any other licensed
activity serves no function? What we are talking about here, though, is
certification by a professional organization, not state licensing, which
serves other purposes.

Bill DuBay
Technical Writer
Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
email: bill_dubay -at- phoenix -dot- com
(714)790-2049 FAX: (714)790-2001
http://www.phoenix.com
-------------
Original Text
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>, on 6/18/97 7:39 AM:
I don't have any formal credentials as a writer. I have to
limp along on reputation, referrals, and making a good impression.

I do, however, have an official Oregon Egg Handler's license,
showing that I am qualified to handle, grade, buy, and sell
eggs. Aren't you impressed? Doesn't my official license
convince you that I'm God-King of the Chickens? Doesn't it
just reek of exclusivity, mastery, and barely contained power?

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139