Re: Meta-meta-discussions

Subject: Re: Meta-meta-discussions
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:43:51 -0700

Roy Constible writes:

>How many ways are there to say that certification is not particularly
>wanted, especially by those of us that have been in the field for a
>number of years. Please! Can we move on?

There are almost as many posts in the meta-discussion (discussing
the discussion about certification) as in the discussion itself.
Most of the postings in the meta-discussion are pleas to reduce
the number of postings in the certification discussion. I'm
curious as to the nature of the impulse to add noise to a discussion
by running a high-volume meta-discussion at the same time (and
often with the same subject line).

(The impulse to start a meta-meta-discussion is something I attribute
to the joy of poking a hornet's nest with a stick.)

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139