Re: RoboHelp 95

Subject: Re: RoboHelp 95
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:03:48 -0700

>Kathryn Marshall said:
>> <snip> Also using the method I
>> just described, you will lose any of the '95 features, such as
>> context-senstive help, authorable buttons, and secondary window
>> definitions (you're only allowed one secondary window definition in 3.X).

And Kim Cramer answered:
>That's news to me! I'm doing context-sensitive help with multiple
>secondary windows using RoboHelp 3 in a Win 3.1 environment.

OK, let's clarify.
If you're developing "What's This?" help in Win 95, you'll lose it.
Win 3.x only supports context-sensitive help to the dialog box level.
Before you convert, you might copy all your "What's This?" popups
into a single topic.

Additionally, Win 3.x allows multiple window definitions, but you can
only open one child window at a time. Open a new one, the old one closes.
And child windows in 3.x do not automatically resize, so you'll probably
need to tweak the coordinates some.

Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com/
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.