Re: ADMIN: Certification

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Certification
From: Peg Rickard <peg -dot- rickard -at- OHMEDA -dot- BOC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:07:13 -0500

Anna is right on the money. It is up to the individual to succeed. An
individual who views life as a constant learning environment and believes it
is ok to have fun at work and meets deadlines is bound to succeed.
----------
From: annasoj -at- EXABYTE -dot- COM
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Wednesday, June 18, 1997 9:31AM

<<File Attachment: ENVELOPE.TXT>>
"With that in mind, what do _you_ do to increase your
marketability and potential for a newer, better, more
satisfying position, either at your current employer or elsewhere?
Or, what should certain of your co-workers, ex-managers,
or current and former employees consider to make
themselves more valuable in the marketplace?"

Eric

Now there's a question worth responding to! Like most tech writers, I
don't have a "tech writing" degree. But I take classes when I can,
attend seminars, and do some outside reading. In the job market
today, no matter what your field, it's important to be FLEXIBLE. I
never pass up an opportunity to try or learn something new. You never
know, that skill may end up getting your foot in the door at your next
job. I'd wager that 95 percent of you didn't think you'd be doing
what you are.

Lastly, Do your job with a smile (use a nerf gun if that's what it
takes), and get the work done right and on time.

Anna

Send list questions or problems to the listowner at ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-