Re: Levity in the workplace

Subject: Re: Levity in the workplace
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:38:59 -0700

>From: Barb Philbrick[SMTP:caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET]
>>
>In the most creative work environment I worked in (which produced
>several million dollar products), we on occasion were known to play
>elaborate jokes on one another. Some highlights:
<snip>
>-Tape down the thingy on the phone that means you've picked it up
>(this isn't as much fun with the advent of speaker phones).
<<

=======
The phone joke reminded me of a couple:

- The local library used to have a phone number to call to hear a
recorded children's story. I used to leave phone messages that said to
call Mr. Story at that number. It made most people smile and many of
them actually sat and listened to the whole story!

- Not a practical joke, just a cutsie thing. On the old style phones,
put the receiver on the cradle facing up, so the phone looks like it has
antlers or Mickey Mouse ears. The weight is still there to hold the
flashhook down, so the phone still works.