Re: Shrinking Images In PageMaker

Subject: Re: Shrinking Images In PageMaker
From: Chris Betterton <ChrisB -at- SELECTST -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:57:41 +0100

Don't worry about file formats - try whacking down the resolution on your
monitor. I would guess that the application you're documenting looks fine
at 640x480, but you've got the screen set at 1024x768 or higher because
you've such a big monitor. With less pixels to capture the bitmaps will be
a lot smaller, and you may not need to resize them as much.

If you're running Windows 95 or NT you should be able to do this on the
fly, with no need to reboot. From Control Panel, choose Display, and
Settings. Use the little slider under Desktop Area to change the
resolution. It will probably look a bit stupid on such a big screen, but
provided you're application is designed to be used at a lower resolution
(which it should, IMHO) they'll look fine (in fact, much more normal for
your average user with a 14 or 15 inch monitor).

Chris Betterton
chrisb -at- selectst -dot- com