Re: are tw-interviewers incompetent by definition?

Subject: Re: are tw-interviewers incompetent by definition?
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:54:25 -0700

Win Day wrote:
> They hired me based on the strength of the proposal. I included a sample
> rewrite of a couple of pages from one of their manuals, a short-term and
> long-term project plan, and detailed schedules and budgets for both. I
> didn't even bring a portfolio -- everything I'd written while I was working
> in engineering was proprietary. (My background is chemical engineering.)

Whether it be certification or finding that first job or whatever, it
boils down to rhetoric, which this group should know something about.
The rhetoric of Win's proposal was sufficiently persuasive to convince
the company to hire him. The same could be said of a resume, a
portfolio, an interview.

The certification proponents argue that certification is a rhetorically
persuasive device; others are skeptical.

--Wayne