Job sharing (was Re: Levity)

Subject: Job sharing (was Re: Levity)
From: Michelle Law <shell -at- CS -dot- UTK -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:05:33 -0400

Well. Now that some of you have proudly proclaimed your
love for overworking, I have a question for the rest of
us. The rest of us are those who have interesting lives
outside the cubicle, who have things to do besides write
technically, who volunteer in their community, who have
children waiting for them to finish work every day:

Who has succeeded in job-sharing a technical writing
position? I'd like to hear about your experiences,
how it was handled, and any other pertinent info.

I myself have worked 'full-time' jobs in 30-35 hours/week
for the past 5 years. I don't job-share (yet); instead I
simply refuse to work overtime. The worst they can do is
fire me. <shrug> And so far, _that hasn't happened_! Try it,
you'll like it! And if you like subversive ideas like this,
check out http://www.unicorn.com//lib/abolition.html.

--Michelle Law
The Technical Writer
Celerity Systems, Inc.