Re: Experience VS Ability ->more thou shalts

Subject: Re: Experience VS Ability ->more thou shalts
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:47:52 -0700

Speaking of interviews... I got so fascinated with
the thou shalt nots and a ol' HR joke file recirculated...

Well started this on my UTK home list: [kinda' long but hang in there]

This begs the question What thou shalt not
do on an interview?

How about pick your nose?

There were more to this "classic"... but I spared
you the gory details...

From: Charlie Tomberg <ctomberg -at- us -dot- oracle -dot- com>
To: jokes_list -at- us -dot- oracle -dot- com
Subject: Job interviews

We've all been interviewed for jobs. And, we've all spent most of
those interviews thinking about what not to do. Don't bite your
nails. Don't fidget. Don't interrupt. Don't belch. If we did any of
the don'ts, we knew we'd disqualify ourselves instantly. But some job
applicants go light years beyond this. We surveyed top personnel
executives of 100 major American corporations and asked for stories of
unusual behavior by job applicants. The lowlights:

1. "... said he was so well-qualified that if he didn't get the job, it
would prove that the company's management was incompetent."

2. "... stretched out on the floor to fill out the job application."

3. "... brought her large dog to the interview."

4. "... chewed bubble gum and constantly blew bubbles."

5. "Candidate kept giggling through serious interview."

6. "She wore a Walkman and said she could listen to me and the music at
the same time."

7. "Balding candidate abruptly excused himself. Returned to office a
few minutes later, wearing a hairpiece."

8. "Applicant challenged interviewer to arm wrestle."

9. "... asked to see interviewer's resume to see if the personnel
executive was qualified to judge the candidate."

10. "... announced she hadn't had lunch and proceeded to eat a
hamburger and french fries in the interviewer's office."

I promise I don't do the above on interviews.
Although I sure have thought about doing them ;-0

Enjoy.
--
Pat Gantt ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee ~ M.S., HRD