Job posting-Lexington, Kentucky

Subject: Job posting-Lexington, Kentucky
From: Tim Curry <tcurry -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:09:53 -0400

SCT Government Systems has a tech writer position open in (rainy)
Lexington, KY. The job description is given below.

As additional information, we are developing software using Oracle and C++
in a client/server environment;
online documentation uses the Oracle dynamic help feature, but we are
planning to move to a winhelp tool over the next year or so. Writers work
as part of product development or support teams with software developers
and report to project managers or to the Director of Software Services.
Since writers could be the "lone writer" on a development team, we are
seeking applicants with at least two years tech writing experience. While
we are not organized into a pubs department, writers do work together (both
locally and with writers at other SCT locations) to resolve style and
content issues so that we produce documents with a consistent look
and feel.

Apply to the contact name given below or e-mail your resume to me and I
will pass it on.

If you need more information, you can contact me at the email/phone given
below. Thanks!

Tim Curry
Sr. Technical Writer
SCT Government Systems
tcurry -at- sctcorp -dot- com
606.277.1500 ext.372

Job description:
SCT Government Systems, Inc. provides mission critical software to local
and county governments, as well as local, county, and state court systems.
We need an experienced technical writer to create paper and on-line
documentation for the functional and technical end users of our courts
management software applications. SCT offers a complete benefits package.
Salary based on experience.

Company: SCT Government Systems, Inc.
Contact Name: Russ King
Address: 1733 Harrodsburg Road
Suite 100
Lexington, KY 40504
Phone Number: (606) 277-1500
Fax: (606) 277-2300
Web Address: http://www.sctcorp.com
Type: Permanent
Experience Level: 2-5 years
Skills Required: FrameMaker, HiJaak, Visio, HTML (optional)