Re: Signs at work & the juggling act

Subject: Re: Signs at work & the juggling act
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:31:57 -0800

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:25:47 -0500, Wing, Michael J wrote:

>One of my favorite signs is as follows:
>
>"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my
>part!"

Another classic.

>The juggling act thread is somewhat reminiscent of a discussion this
>forum had in January. I think it was in response to a job posting that
>described a pressure-packed environment where extended hours were
>required. Several people responded that they were turned off by the job
>description and went into diatribes about companies require too much of
>people.

It's one thing if you're hired with certain expectations, and the
company then demands more of you. It's a very different thing when the
job is advertised exactly as above. Some people enjoy working in that
kind of environment, such as yourself, Mike. In certain circumstances,
I too find the pressure exhilarating (as long as it doesn't happen too
often).

I see a lot of cars these days in that sparkly nail-polish-dark-pink
color. Everyone I know, myself included, thinks it's the most hideous
shade ever applied to a mode of transportation. But obviously, someone
likes it, because I see them on the road. Different strokes and all
that; we have no right saying the carmaker expects too much of us to
buy such a beast. If it was advertised as being that color in the
first place, we don't have to buy it. It was advertised as baby-blue,
and the color changed once we got it home, that would be something to
complain about.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

And if you're certain, certain your life is some cosmic mistake
Why do you shake?
And if you're certain, certain that faith is some know-nothing mask
Why do you still ask?
They don't grade here on the curve,
We both know what we deserve...
- Steve Taylor, "Jesus Is For Losers"