Re: Pagemaker page numbering

Subject: Re: Pagemaker page numbering
From: Jennifer Kraus <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:14:37 -0500

Debbie wrote:

I'm not sure if this would work, but have you tried placing each section as
a separate story? Maybe that would work?

I don't think this will work...I believe page numbering works in a document-wide manner, independently of whatever stories are used in the document.

If you're using PageMaker 6, maybe multiple master pages would do the trick...using one set of master pages for the TOC/front matter, and a second set for the other pages. I've never tried it, but it seems like it should work (which means it probably won't:))

I'm frustrated because I've done this before (in PM5) on journals using roman numerals for front matter, and I can't remember what we did. Whatever it was, it was a pain in the rear. I'll see if I can't try to dig up my old PM files tonight at home and see how we solved our page numbering dilemma.

Jennifer Kraus
(who will be Jennifer Jelinek in 9 days)
Technical Writer/Webmeister
Ametek Water Filters
Sheboygan, WI
jlkraus -at- ametekwater -dot- com