Re: Multimedia demos

Subject: Re: Multimedia demos
From: "Molis, Debbie" <Debbie_Molis -at- FREDDIEMAC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:54:22 -0400

Geoff mentioned some very important information.

When you first select your preferences and properties in developing a
multimedia demo, you should pay special attention to selecting monitor
resolution and colors. You want to make sure you can reach a broad audience.

If you create a demo at 1280 x 1024, for instance, an audience displaying
that resolution will be able to view that demo as you intended for it to be
viewed. But audiences with monitors displaying lower resolutions, say
800x600, will view a distorted demo. Graphics won't be displayed where you
wanted, and any hotspots created that users could click on might be located
somewhere in the screen shot that was unintentional. If the hotspots were
intended to move the user to another feature or screen in the demo, then the
user has no way to move along. The entire demo could be compromised for an
entire group of people, and some may have no idea how to change their
display capabilities.

Once you select a resolution and colors, you might want to provide
information with the demo disk that indicates the optimal setup for running
the demo.

In addition, you want to make sure that a demo created in Windows 3.1 or
Windows 95 can be used on both platforms. If not, add that to the setup
information included with the demo disk.

And test, test, test... to make sure everything is running smoothly.