Re: Word 95 question

Subject: Re: Word 95 question
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:52:47 -0800

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:15:20 -0400, Becca Price wrote:

>My dad is looking to delete some icons from his desktop without
>necessarily removing the applicaition. He heard of a program called
>TweakUI that is supposed to do this, but can't find it. I'm a Win3.1
>user still, so can't help him - does anyone here have any advice,
>information, etc. I can pass on?

In both Windows 95, unless someone has physically moved a program's
executeable to the desktop, the icon for it is just a pointer to launch
the program. Tell your father that he can delete desktop icons at
will, without affecting the application. The same holds true of
Windows 3.1 icons.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>