Word to Pagemaker conversion

Subject: Word to Pagemaker conversion
From: Jennifer O Neill <106002 -dot- 2733 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 17:51:09 +0200

I've just come from one of my company's factories and watched an
engineer responsible for documentation there copy & paste a Word manual
to Pagemaker. He wasn't bothered by the fact that all table of content
and index codes were lost nor about the amount of time it took. I admit
that I'm not keen on putting our manuals into Pagemaker (our manuals are
on average 50 pages) as documentation in the company is not centralised,
few people in the company have it, & few translation subcontractors have
it. But my biggest concern is what I saw today. Does moving Word docs to
Pagemaker cause such info loss normally? What other problems should I
look out for?

Jennifer