Re: MOV to AVI files

Subject: Re: MOV to AVI files
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:23:40 -0500

Can someone please tell me what is the best programme (preferably
shareware that I can get off the net tonight) for converting MOV
files to AVI files. I have received a MOV file from an advertising
agency that uses Macintosh machines. I use IBM compataiable and need
to put the AVI on a web site as soon as possible.

Excuse my naivete, but may I ask Why? QuickTime is the lingua franca for
movies on the web. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw an AVI on
the web, but I hit QT all the time. It's as prevalent as JPEG, it seems.
What's the reasoning for going with AVI, especially seeing as how the movie
is already in QuickTime? (If it were being delivered in AVI that would be
one thing. But to go to the extra effort of converting it is something I
just don't understand.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224