Re: CHAT: Job Postings--a comment and a suggestion

Subject: Re: CHAT: Job Postings--a comment and a suggestion
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 17:38:59 -0700

If it's anything like my company, it's more about finding that niche
where they are the "leader," which is classic marketing work. Most
companies can find something to call themselves the leader of--my
company is a leader in "life-cycle systems"--like *that's* a common
field.

Re critiques about job postings, as mentioned in an earlier post, I
checked the archives and did not find a significant number of job post
flames--as is common on listservs, the subject grew completely out of
proportion. BUT--I have noticed that just in the last three weeks or so
there have been several "comments--not flames" in spite of the fact that
these comments are sure to draw fire. Why? Personally, I think we're
getting into a kind of masochistic domain here--maybe a cry for
attention?

So how about we make a point of just not responding. When a single
little message goes unanswered, it does tend to sink into the murk
unnoticed.