Re: Defining "proposal" and CBT

Subject: Re: Defining "proposal" and CBT
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 12:57:15 -0700

KFuhlbrig wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> In email discussions with a tech writer, it came up that my definition of
> "proposal writing" and a tech writer's definition might be different. What
> sorts of proposals do tech writers write (if a tech writer could write
> proposals)?
>
> Also, what does CBT stand for?

We write business proposals, systems proposals, product proposals,
funding proposals, document plans (which are a kind of proposal), test
plan proposals, organizational proposals, research proposals - you name
it.

CBT stands for Computer-Based Training, which loosely covers any
training material that is delivered via computer but usually refers to
files that are on a CD-ROM or other removable medium, or are like the
tutorials that come with the major office-tools packages.

There is an attempt afoot to differentiate CBT from IBT (Internet-Based
Tools) where you have to download the course material or in some other
way use a network to get at elements of the course. IBT is not yet a
widely accepted acronym.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems