Re: Survey: Tell them to Click OK?

Subject: Re: Survey: Tell them to Click OK?
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 04:31:54 -0700

... and what if <OK> wasn't the default action?

"Microsoft Church has detected doctrinal errors on your existing setup. Do
you want to load new dogma now? <<Cancel>> <ok> "

Note that the Cancel button is hilighted (the default) -- so if you hit
<Return>, your doctrine stays false and you go straight to Perdition!!!

If this was being documented in an installation or troubleshooting
section, it becomes critically important -- the soles of your customer's
shoes have just-about burned through, their hair is smoking, and a demon
with a sausage grinder is coming straight at them -- they don't have time
to make assumptions!!!!

<smile>

>From: Becca Price <RP51 -at- CHRYSLER -dot- COM>
> Steve Shewchuk asked whether we tell our users to "Click OK" to close a
>dialog box.
>
>yes. The procedure isn't finished until we do - they could also click
>Cancel, for example, and then where would we be? <g>
>
>-becca

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid/Mac Guy
http://vr2link.com <-- under construction

What's wrong with preaching to the choir? Hey, I get the feeling
sometimes that the choir are up there so the congregation can see
what dedicated people are in the choir; not to complement the lesson
or help soothe and inspire the congregation.

djb -at- vr2link -dot- com -- CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.