Re: Tech Writers and Programming

Subject: Re: Tech Writers and Programming
From: Joe Sokohl <jsokohl -at- CAMPBELLSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:00:59 -0500

I think a course in TWs & Programming would be very helpful. Too,
specific courses in languages and their use in constructing programs
would be helpful.

I'm signed up to take C++ From Scratch: Intro to C++ Programming" from
Ziff-Davis University (http://www.zdu.com). It's supposed to teach you
C++, but it doesn't require you to know any other language. I'm taking
it to help understand how our applications are built. I'll let y'all
know how it goes.

Yes, we as TWs _must_ understand how software works. If we don't, we
as a profession wither and die....(IMO).

joe
Joe Sokohl
Manager of Documentation
Campbell Software, Inc.
http://www.campbellsoft.com

The opinions expressed in this mail are mine.
They don't necessarily represent Campbell Software or any of its
affiliates.