Re: Clarity or Talking Down?

Subject: Re: Clarity or Talking Down?
From: Estella Clifford <cliff -at- FP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:48:03 EST

<snipped>

> To make a long story longer, she made the comment that we did not
> have to put the clarity in Step 2 that I suggested. She goes on
> to say that if the developer's need to be told that, then "We
> hired the wrong person!"

What happens when a new developer is hired? One who has plenty of
ability, but perhaps not familiarity with:

- the specific software tools (i.e., ClearCase) your company uses, or
- the specific procedures used at your site?

IMHO, adding your "Step 2" for clarity would make your document useful
to a much broader audience with just a little effort. It could save time
and money by getting potential new developers up to speed faster, too.

Just a couple thoughts.

Regards,

Estella

Sr. Technical Writer