Course: Product Usability For Doc Professionals

Subject: Course: Product Usability For Doc Professionals
From: "Jared M. Spool" <jspool -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 22:57:43 -0500

If you are a technical writer, training developer, graphic designer,
editor, web designer, documentation manager, or information
developer, please join us for

PRODUCT USABILITY FOR DOCUMENTATION PROFESSIONALS
Tewksbury, MA
June 25-26, 1997

This 2-day course is designed to get you exactly where you want to go
-- to a product that your customers learn easily, use frequently, and
love.

Previous courses have attracted attendees from all over the world.
This course will sell out -- register today!

__________________
What You'll Learn

Discover techniques that will dramatically change the way you build
products, without requiring any more time, money, or people!

+ Get the information you need to develop your documentation
much earlier in the design process, even before coding begins

+ Lead a diverse development team to consensus on key issues
in just 45 minutes

+ Gather information on how your users work and what
constraints your design needs to address

+ Incorporate the latest usability research On-line Help, Cue Cards,
Wizards, and Web Sites

+ Prevent common usability problems by focusing on a few proven
design basics

+ Conduct inexpensive usability tests to discover how your users
learn and use your product and its documentation, before the
documentation is even written

+ Dramatically improve your product's effectiveness with
simple techniques such as tips and hints

The high point of the course is our design competition. Using
everything you've learned, you'll build a fully-working product in
just a few hours. You'll apply your new-found knowledge and have a
blast collaborating with your peers!

This course is taught by Jared M. Spool and Tara Scanlon,
recognized experts in software and documentation usability.

Seating is limited, so register early!

________________
Course Location

We are holding Product Usability for Documentation Professionals at
the Holiday Inn Andover/Tewksbury. We have reserved a block of rooms
at a special rate for course attendees. Contact the Tewksbury
Holiday Inn (508-640-9000) before June 11th to reserve your room.

____________
To Register

By Fax: (508) 975-5353
By Email: Courses -at- uie -dot- com
By Web: http://www.uie.com
By Phone: (800) 588-8955 or (508) 975-4343
By Mail: User Interface Engineering
800 Turnpike Street, #101
North Andover, MA 01845

to Eye For Design.

___ Maybe. I'd like to see the eight-page brochure which describes
the details of this course. Please fax it to the number below.

___ No, I can't attend this course. But I am interested in hearing
about future events.

Name: ______________________________________________
Title: ______________________________________________
Email: ______________________________________________
Address: ___________________________________________
City/State/Zip/Country: ____________________________
Daytime Phone: _____________________________________
Fax Number: _______________________________________
<6/97-TW>

Payment Information:
___ Check enclosed (Payable to User Interface Engineering)
___ NET 15 Purchase Order # _________ (PO must be faxed with registration)
___ Mastercard
___ Visa
___ American Express
___ Discover

Substitions may be made at any time. We will accept cancellations
made two weeks before the course, subject to a $40 service charge.
Confirmed registrants who do not attend or cancel within two weeks of
the course will be elligible for enrollment in future courses at no
additional cost.

All cancellations must be made in writing.

Seating is limited -- register today!